Call for Papers (Volume 11, 2023)
Call for Papers (Volume 11, 2023)
The West African Journal of Open and Flexible Learning (WAJOFEL) is an international, peer-reviewed, open-access journal in the field of open, distance, and e-learning. It is published by the Regional Training and Research Institute for Distance and Open Learning (RETRIDOL). The journal is a primary source of original research and scholarly information for practitioners and researchers in open and distance learning, as well as those using flexible and technology-based forms of learning in traditional educational institutions and training contexts. WAJOFEL is published bi-annually in July and January.
Submissions are open to researchers in all disciplines. However, such papers should emphasise open and distance learning, e-learning, distributed learning, flexible learning, and asynchronous learning, or contain research results that have implications for open and flexible learning in terms of policy development, best practices, and administration. We welcome original manuscripts that report the results of basic and applied research; case studies; critical reviews; surveys; opinions; commentaries; and essays. Manuscripts should meet the general criteria of academic excellence and must not have been previously published or be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Manuscript Preparation and Submission Guidelines
Authors should submit their manuscripts in compliance with the format stipulated below:
- Manuscripts should be prepared in British English.
- Submissions should be in Microsoft Office Word (.doc/.docx) file format. Times New Roman with a font size of 12 and single line spacing.
- The first page of the manuscript should contain the title, author’s name(s), institutional affiliation(s) and email address. Names should be written in the following order: FirstName, Initial, Surname.
- Titles and headings should start with the first letters in capitals and should not be numbered.
- Abstracts should be between 200 and 250 words, with three (3) to five (5) keywords below.
- Length of the manuscript:
- Research articles – between 4,000 and 6,500 words.
- Technical Reports, Case Studies, and Commentaries – not more than 2,500 words.
- Book Review – 1,000 – 2,000 words.
Submissions that exceed the above limits will not be processed for review.
- Footnotes are not accepted. Endnotes may be included in the article just before the reference list.
- The first occurrence of abbreviated words should be provided in full with the abbreviation following in a bracket.
- References should follow the American Psychological Association (APA) style, 7th edition.
- All manuscripts are subject to an initial appraisal and plagiarism check by the editor. If found suitable, a double-blind, peer-review process is carried out by independent expert reviewers.
All manuscripts should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Processing Fee and Payment Advice
- Manuscript Assessment Fee: ₦10,000.00 (Non-Refundable)
- Publication Fee: ₦10,000.00 (Subject to acceptance of the manuscript for publication)
Professor Christine Ofulue
Managing Editor (WAJOFEL)
RETRIDOL- National Open University of Nigeria
University Village, Plot 91, Jabi Cadastral Zone,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway, Abuja, Nigeria.
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org